© S M Jones 2019. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
This is page 5 of 10 providing the history of two, we believe unrelated, Bradbury families in the Saddleworth area of Yorkshire. Pages 1-7 show the Fairbanks & Runninghill family’s history. Pages 8-10 show the Dig-Lee family’s history. If you have a connection to any individual or family featured here, or if you want to leave us your feedback, contact us. Browse by clicking the last page/next page buttons or following the numbered (e.g. ) or parental ([Parents]) links.
Fifth Generation (continued)
21. Ralph Bradbury [Parents]. Baptized 17/10/1794, Ralph died 22/2/1866 in Saddleworth, age 72.
On 22/2/1816, when Ralph was age 21, he married Mary BROADBENT in Saddleworth. Born about 1796, Mary was buried 25/2/1858 in Saddleworth.
They had the following children, all born/baptized in Saddleworth:
(1) John, baptized 8/6/1818. (2) Augusta, baptized 1/10/1820. (3) Sarah, baptized 3/11/1822. (4) Phebe, baptized 3/7/1825. On 3/2/1848, when Phebe was age about 22, she married James WINTERBOTTOM, son of Robert Winterbottom, at St Chad, Saddleworth. (5) Ann, baptized 23/11/1828. (6) Jonathan Rhodes . (7) James, born about 1835.
22. William Bradbury [Parents]. Baptized 15/2/1790 in Saddleworth. It is not known when William died. Occupation: Wool Weaver.
William married Betty (maiden name unknown) sometime before about 1827.
They had the following children, both born in Saddleworth:
(1) John, born about 1827. (2) Betty, born about 1829.
23. Benjamin BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 8/1/1797, Benjamin died quarter ending December 1879 in Liverpool, age 81. He was buried 19/12/1879 in Saddleworth. Benjamin was Landlord of Swan Inn, Dobcross until the late 1840s when he moved to Liverpool.
They had the following children, all born Saddleworth:
(1) Mary, born about 1823. (2) Sarah Ann, born about 1825. (3) William, born 21/9/1828. (4) James, born about 1835.
24. Ratcliffe (or Radcliffe) BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 14/7/1799 in Saddleworth, Ratcliffe died 5/9/1862 in Marshall Township, Iowa, age 63. Ratcliffe had emigrated to the USA with his family in 1855. Occupation, both in England and Iowa: Farmer.
On 18/9/1848, when Ratcliffe was age about 49, he married Ann SHAW, daughter of James SHAW, in Saddleworth. Ann was born 12/6/1822 in Saddleworth and died 2/5/1909 in Tama, Iowa, age 86.
They had the following children, both born Saddleworth:
(1) Elizabeth, born about 1845. It’s not known when Elizabeth died. (2) James Ratcliffe .
On 13/4/1865, when Ann was age 42, she married widower Alexander H. BROCK, a farmer, in Tama, Iowa. Alexander was born around 1815 in Vermont and died February 1889 in Iowa, age about 73.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Click to visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a free initial consultation.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|