© S M Jones 2019. Information on this site is free for most uses - see legal stuff. Last update: 02 Sep 2019
This is page 3 of 5 tracing the history of the Tippins family. Originally from the Shoreditch and Hackney areas of London, it shows the branches that moved to Chorlton-upon-Medlock, Lancashire and Sleaford, Lincolnshire as well as the link by marriage to the Chapple family If you have a connection to any individual or family featured here, or if you want to leave us your feedback, contact us. Browse by clicking the last page/next page buttons or following the numbered e.g.  or parental [Parents] links.
7. Thomas TIPPINS [Parents]. Baptized 6/2/1848 in West Hackney Church, London. Thomas died 5/6/1895 in Bartholomew’s Hospital, London, age 47 and buried 8/6/1895 in Chingford Mount Cemetery, London. Occupation: Vellum binder.
On 25/3/1877, when Thomas was age 29, he married Annie SMITH at St Mark’s, Dalston. Annie was born about 1851 in Southwold, Suffolk, and died in 1936 in Edmonton, age about 84.
They had the following children, all born in Hackney:
8. Frederick TIPPINS [Parents]. Born 24/5/1849 in Hackney and baptized 24/6/1849 in West Hackney Church. In 1870, Frederick emigrated to Canada, according to his entry in the Canadian 1911 census. Frederick died 28/8/1930 in Ottawa, age 81. Cause of death certified as Duodenal ulcer causing obstruction.
On 28/9/1879, when Frederick was age 30, he married Sarah HAVELIN, daughter of Andrew HAVELIN and Eliza DAGG. Sarah was born 24/5/1849 in Hackney and died 28/8/1930 in Ottawa, age 75. Cause of death certified as (1) Senility; (2) Endocarditis.
They had the following children, all born in Quebec according to the 1901 census:
(1) Eliza Ann, born 2/1/1882. (2) William James, born 25/4/1884. (3) Martha Jane, born 2/2/1885. (4) Matthew, born 26/2/1886. (5) Andrew Gardiner, born 3/1/1888 and died 16/11/1974 in Renfrew, Ontario, age 86. (6) Maria, born about February 1888. (7) Georgina, born 14/5/1892. (8) Louisa, born about March 1894. (9) Frederick Jonathan, born about January 1896 and died 8/7/1954 in Shawville, Quebec, age 58. (10) Bert Hodge, born about March 1900 and died 17/5/1978 in Mississauga Hospital, Ottawa, age 78.
9. Samuel Thomas TIPPINS [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1846 in Spitalfields, Middlesex & died quarter ending March 1925 in Fulham, age 79. Occupation: Boot maker.
On 23/12/1866, when Samuel Thomas was age 20, he married Mary Ann HAYES at St James, Shoreditch. Born about 1847 in Bermondsey, Mary Ann died there quarter ending December 1915, age about 67.
They had the following children:
(1) Walter William  (2) Matilda, born in February 1871 in Bow & died in December 1871 in 11 Nelson Street, Bethnal Green, age 10 months. On 21/12/1871 Matilda was buried in Victoria Park Cemetery, Hackney. (3) Arthur Samuel, born quarter ending December 1873 in Hackney & died quarter ending March 1890 in West Ham, age about 16. (4) Albert Edward, born 21/6/1876 in Bethnal Green and baptized 9/7/1876 in St Jude, Whitechapel. Albert Edward died in 1878, age 2. (5) Rosina, born 8/8/1877 in Westminster and baptized 30/3/1879 in St Anne’s, Westminster. Rosina died quarter ending June 1947 in Brentford, age 69. (6) Florence, born 9/3/1879 in Westminster and baptized 30/3/1879 in St Anne’s. Florence died quarter ending September 1931 in Paddington, age 52. In 1894, when Florence was age 15, she married Arthur Charles STACEY (1872-?) in West Ham. There’s no evidence they had any children. (7) Ada, born quarter ending June 1880 in Westminster & died there quarter ending March 1881.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? Click to visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a free initial consultation.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|