© S M Jones. Content is free for most uses - see legal stuff. Last update: 24 Jan 2020
Fourth Generation (continued)
22. George Richard LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born 3/9/1888 in Gravesend and baptized 29/12/1888 in Christ Church, Milton-next-Gravesend, George Richard died 1963 in Dartford, age 75.
In 1911, when George was age about 24, he married Sarah Frances COOK in Gravesend. Born 27/101898 in Woolwich, Sarah died 30/11/1973 in Cromer, Norfolk, age 83, and was buried in St Mary’s, Chalk, near Gravesend. Sarah was known as Dorothy; that name appears on the children’s baptismal records in the parish registers of St Peter and St Paul, Milton-next-Gravesend.
They had the following children:
(1) George Richard, born and died 1912 in Gravesend. (2) Dorothy, born and died 1913 in Gravesend. (3) George Leonard, born 11/10/1914 and baptized 4/11/1914 in St Peter and St Paul, Milton-next-Gravesend. George died September 1985 in Gravesend, age 70. (4) William John, born 4/2/1919 in Gravesend and died there 18/10/2014, age 95. (5) Alfred Charles, born 2/7/1916 and baptized 19/7/1916 in St Peter and St Paul, Milton-next-Gravesend. Alfred died 2003, age about 87. (6) Charles Albert, born 25/8/1920 in Gravesend and died 13/10/2008, age 87. (7) Doreen May, born 10/10/1927 in Gravesend and died 2004, age about 77. (8) John Edward, born 18/12/1928 in Gravesend and died June 2000 in Brentwood, age 71. (9) Ronald Gordon, born 2/3/1930 in Gravesend and died April 2005 in Lambeth, age 75. (10) Arthur Thomas, born 14/7/1932 in Gravesend and died 8/11/2008, age 76.
23. Fanny Ann Elizabeth LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born 19/9/1881 in Strood, Fanny died 26/12/1952 in Aylesford, age 71.
Fanny had a son John Aurelio Luchford, born 13/10/1908 in London. His father is unknown. John died July 1991 in Maidstone, age 82. On 12/8/1917, when Fanny was age 35, she married Hamilton Herries MILLIGAN in St John the Evangelist, Lambeth. Born 5/11/1889 in Croydon, Hamilton was killed in action 17/10/1917, age 27, aboard HMS Mary Rose.
They had the following child:
(1) Mary Rose, born 8/5/1918 in Malling. In 1945, when Mary was age 27, she married Albert Ronald HYDER (1916-1987) in Maidstone. Mary died 1981 in Brighton, age 62.
24. Walter George R. LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born 1893 in Strood, Walter George died 1948, age about 55.
In 1917, when Walter George was age about 23, he married Amy E. M. PROUDFOOT in Dover. It is not known when Amy was born or when she died.
They had the following children:
(1) Victor K. N. born 1919 in Dover and died there in 1926, age about 7. (2) Geoffrey Rex C. born 31/3/1927 in Dover and died December 1993 in Canterbury, age 66. (3) Cecil J. R. born 1923 in Dover and died in New Zealand, date unknown. (4) Alma D. D. born 1924 in Dover and died in New Zealand, date unknown.
25. Alfred Stephen LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born 26/5/1883 in Rochester, Alfred Stephen died 1957 in Southampton, age about 74. Occupation: Mariner.
In 1907, when Alfred Stephen was age 24, he married Elizabeth CONVOY in Medway. Elizabeth was born 15/4/1885 in Chatham and died 24/7/1915 in Strood, age 30.
They had the following children, all born Strood:
(1) Frederick William, born 1908. (2) Alfred Ernest, born 14/7/1910 and died February 1989 in Chatham, age 78. Occupation: Civil servant. In 1935, when Alfred was age 25, he married Eva Dorothy JORDAN, daughter of George and Martha JORDAN, in Medway, Kent. Eva Dorothy was born 13/3/1907 in Gillingham and died December 1997 in Chatham, age 90. There is no evidence Alfred and Eva had any children. (3) William, born 1912. (4) Arthur James, born 14/5/1914 and died November 2002 in Hampshire, age 88.