© S M Jones 2019. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
Third Generation (continued)
12. Thomas James LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born 28/11/1851 in Rochester & baptized 19/3/1852. Thomas James died 22/1/1914 age 63. Occupation: Mariner.
In the quarter ending December 1878, when Thomas James was age about 26, he married Fanny Ann ALLARD in Medway. Born 1856 in Maidstone, Fanny Ann died 9/2/1890 in Strood.
(1) Annie, born 1880 in Strood & died 1965, age about 85. (2) Fanny Ann Elizabeth . (3) John James, born 8/1/1882 in Strood. (4) Lillie Blanche, born quarter ending March 1885 in Strood. (5) Bertie Thomas, born 1887 & died 29/1/1890, age about 2.
13. Walter George LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born quarter ending September 1860 in Rochester, Walter George died quarter ending June 1893 in Strood, age 33.
In the quarter ending March 1893, when Walter George was age about 32, he married Alice Caroline WRAIGHT, daughter of Reuben WRAIGHT & Harriet Ann ROOTS, in Strood. Alice Caroline was born 1865 in Halling. It is not known when she died.
They had the following child:
(1) Walter George R 
In quarter ending September 1900, when Alice Caroline was age about 35, she married John Samuel FORTH in Dover.
14. Richard William LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born quarter ending December 1848 in Rochester & baptized there 25/5/1856. It is not known when Richard died. Occupation: Master mariner.
In the quarter ending September 1878, when Richard was age about 27, he married Clara Alma SNIP in Kent. Clara was born quarter ending December 1856 & died quarter ending June 1888 in Strood, age 31. It is not known whether they had any children. The 1881 census is the only one that might provide any information. Whilst Richard appeared in it on board the vessel “Flirt” in Northfleet, Clara and any possible children cannot be traced.
On 19/6/1893, when Richard was age 44, he married Laura Kate HODGES, daughter of James HODGES, a fitter & turner, at Trinity Church, Marylebone. Laura Kate was born about 1871 in Rochester. Laura Kate died quarter ending December 1914 in Gravesend, age about 42.
They had the following children, all born Gravesend:
(1) Letitia Mabel, born 29/10/1895 & died April 1985 in Huntingdon, age 89. (2) Laurence Richard, born 13/12/1896 & died September 1988 in Bournemouth, age 91. (3) Olive Mildred, born January 1901.
15. Alfred LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born 27/10/1860 in Rochester & baptized 18/11/1860 in St Margaret’s, Rochester. Alfred died 9/10/1937 in Strood, age 76. Occupation: Mariner.
On 23/10/1882, when Alfred was age 21, he married Alice ARNOLD in Strood. Born 29/12/1864, Alice died 20/11/1947, age 82, both events in Strood.
They had the following children:
(1) Alfred Stephen . (2) Alice Elizabeth, born 16/1/1885 in Rochester & died 1/8/1963, age 78.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Click to visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a free initial consultation.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|