© S M Jones 2019. Information on this site is free for most uses - see legal stuff. Last update: 02 Sep 2019
8. Albert MONK [Parents]. Born 15/9/1847 in Snodland & baptized at All Saints Church, Snodland 10/10/1847, Albert died quarter ending September 1924 in Snodland, age 76. Occupation: Labourer at lime works; Cement miller.
In the quarter ending September 1868, when Albert was age about 20, he married Louisa SUMMERS in Malling. Louisa was born about 1845 in Seal, Kent. It is not known when Louisa died.
They had the following children, all born in Snodland:
(1) Albert, born about 1868. (2) Arthur, born quarter ending September 1870. In quarter ending June 1900, when Arthur was age 29, he married Sarah Jane GOODHEW in Malling. (3) Ada, born quarter ending December 1872. (4) Alice, born quarter ending March 1875. (5) Annie, born quarter ending March 1877. (6) Agnes, born quarter ending June 1878. (7) Allan, born quarter ending September 1880. (8) Alfred, born quarter ending September 1882. (9) Adelaide, born quarter ending September 1884. In quarter ending March 1907, when Adelaide was age 22, she married Charles Robert PAVITT in Medway. (10) Abel, born quarter ending December 1885. (11) Amy, born 20/11/1888. On 26/1/1910, when Amy was age 21, she married Henry PIERCY, son of Henry PIERCY & Annie STEVENS, at St Swithin’s Church, Hither Green.
9. Thomas MONK [Parents]. Born 13/6/1852 in March, Cambridgeshire, Thomas died 31/5/1935 in Chatham, Kent, age 83.
On 24/6/1876, when Thomas was age 23, he married Louisa TINSEY in Rochester. Louisa was born 13/6/1851 in Farnham, Surrey &died 26/9/1936 in Gillingham, Kent, age 85.
They had the following children, all born & baptized in Rochester:
(1) Emily Elizabeth, born 1877. (2) Agnes Louisa, born 29/12/1878, baptized 30/6/1880 & died quarter ending March 1882, age 3. (3) Mahalah Sarah, born 13/5/1881 & baptized 29/6/1881. (4) Susan Maria, born 6/8/1883 & baptized 30/5/1888. (5) Alice Louisa, born 22/3/1886. (6) Thomas William Butler, born 4/4/1889 & baptized 24/4/1889. (7) Arthur, born 22/4/1894 & died quarter ending December 1894, age about 8 months.
10. John William MONK [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1861 in Strood, it is not known when John died. Occupation: Variously given in census returns as Lieutenant in Salvation Army (1881); Greengrocer (1891); Painter & Decorator & Local Preacher (1901).
In quarter ending March 1889, when John was age 28, he married Edith Eleanor HALES in Medway, Kent. Edith was born about 1867 in Chatham. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children, all born Rochester:
(1) William Herbert, born quarter ending September 1892. (2) Arthur John, born quarter ending September 1896. (3) Leonard Charles, born quarter ending March 1900.
Click to visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|