© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
6. George NEVILLE [Parents]. Baptized 18/12/1825 in Addington, George died quarter ending June 1893 in Dartford, age 68. Occupation: Timber merchant (1851); Labourer (1861-1891).
On 30/10/1852, when George was age 27, he married Sarah RIXSON, daughter of Rowland RIXSON, a labourer, at the Parish Church, Swanscombe. Sarah was born about 1831 & died before 1874 (exact date unknown).
They had the following children, all born Swanscombe:
In the quarter ending September 1874, when George was age about 48, he married Harriet BALDOCK in North Aylesford. Harriet was born about 1827 in Otterden, Kent and died quarter ending September 1874, age about 67. They had no known children.
7. John NEVILLE [Parents]. Born 1836 in Addington, John died quarter ending March 1912 in Strood, age about 75.
In the quarter ending June 1869, when John was age about 32, he married Esther PARRIS, daughter of James PARRIS & Mary Ann HARRIS, in Malling. Although they were both probably unaware of it, before their marriage John & Esther were third cousins once removed.
They had the following children, all born Addington unless stated otherwise:
(1) Martha, born quarter ending March 1870. (2) Harriet, born quarter ending June 1871. (3) Florence, born quarter ending June 1872. (4) Emma Maria, born quarter ending March 1875. In the quarter ending December 1899, when Emma was age 24, she married Alfred Smith KESBY in Maidstone. (5) James Parris, born quarter ending March 1876. In the quarter ending March 1900, when James was age about 24, she married Emily Sarah FLINT in Strood. (6) William Alfred, born quarter ending June 1878. (7) Percy Frederick . (8) Beatrice, born 28/6/1884 in Halling and died 1973 in Maidstone, age 89. In 1918, when Beatrice was age 34, she married her 1st cousin (once removed) Frederick Charles Knight PARRIS (1884-1926) son of Richard John PARRIS and Eliza Jane CAPON. (9) Bernard, born quarter ending December 1886 in Halling.
8. Ebenezer NEVILLE [Parents]. Born 5/8/1840 in Mereworth, Ebenezer died 5/3/1922 in Horsham Sussex, age 81. Occupation: Draper & Grocer.
In the quarter ending September 1868, when Ebenezer was age 28, he married Naomi Miriam INCE in Whitechapel, London. Naomi was born 11/8/1842 in Whitechapel & died 14/1/1923 in Horsham, age 80.
They had the following children:
(1) Frank Percy, born 28/9/1872 in Forest Hill, London & died 1943 in Germiston, South Africa, age about 71. (2) Amy Elizabeth, born 27/1/1877 in Forest Hill. (3) Gertrude Miriam, born 11/5/1883 in South Darenth. Gertrude died 3/5/1933 in Birkenhead, age 50.
9. William Henry NEVILLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending September 1860 in Swanscombe, i is not known when William died but it was after 1901 (he appeared in that year’s census). Occupation: Gunner, later Warrant Officer, Royal Artillery.
In the quarter ending June 1883, when William Henry was age 22, he married Elizabeth Emily Jane BURTON in Rochford, Essex. Elizabeth was born quarter ending September 1860 in Canterbury. It is not known when she died.
They had the following child:
(1) Albert Ernest, born quarter ending March 1888 in Sheerness.
10. George NEVILLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending September 1862 in Swanscombe, George died 19/1/1936 in Faversham, age 73. Occupation: Labourer, later Railway Guard and, from 1901, Railway Inspector.
They had the following children:
(1) Dorothy May, born quarter ending September 1889 in Charlton. (2) Winifred, born quarter ending September 1891 in Deptford. (3) George, born about 1894 in Deptford.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Click to visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a free initial consultation.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|