© S M Jones 2019. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
29. Mark PARRIS [Parents]. Baptized 30/10/1853 at St John the Baptist Church, Halling. In 1858 he emigrated to the USA with his parents & siblings. Mark died before 1/4/1930 - he does not appear in the US Federal census taken that day. Occupation: Farmer.
On 9/8/1874, when Mark was age 20, he married Matilda WANTZ in De Kalb County, Illinois. Matilda was born June 1859 in Illinois of German parents. Matilda died before 1/4/1930 - she does not appear in the US Federal census taken that day.
They had the following children, all born Illinois:
(1) Olive, born about 1876. (2) Edna, born May 1886. (3) Iva, born October 1891.
30. Henry J. PARRIS [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1856 in Halling. In 1858 he emigrated to the USA with his parents & siblings. It is not known when he died. Occupation: Farm labourer.
On 11/7/1875, when Henry was age 19, he married Julia A. RICE in De Kalb County, Illinois. Julia was born February 1856 in New York. It is not known when she died.
They had two children; only one is known:
(1) Ella M, birth date unknown.
31. William PARRIS [Parents]. Baptized 21/2/1858 at St John the Baptist Church, Halling. In 1858 he emigrated to the USA with his parents & siblings. It is not known exactly when William died but it was after 1/4/1930 - he appears on the Federal census taken that day. Occupation: Labourer; janitor.
Around 1879, when William was age about 21, he married Eliza F. ANGIER, daughter of Thomas & Fannie ANGIER, in Illinois. Eliza was born about 1860 & died before 1/6/1900 - she does not appear in the US Federal census taken that day.
They had the following children, both born Illinois:
(1) A female, name unknown, born 1880. (2) Mabel, born October 1882.
32. Amos Theodore PARRIS [Parents]. Born 27/12/1860 in Somonauk County, Illinois, Amos Theodore died 23/12/1946, probably in Nebraska, age 85. Occupation: Grain dealer; Miller.
On 15/11/1880, when Amos Theodore was age 19, he married Ella Nora PELKA. Ella Nora was born 2/4/1861 in Illinois and died 27/11/1947 in Aurora, Hamilton County, Nebraska, age 86.
They had seven children; those known were:
33. Albert Ernest PARRIS [Parents]. Born 8/12/1862, in Sandwich, DeKalb County, Illinois, Albert Ernest died 12/9/1944 in Geneva, Fillmore County, Nebraska, age 81. He was buried 14/9/1944.
On 15/5/1844 Albert Ernest married Mary Elizabeth McCANN in Milwaukee, Wisconsin (Justice Sedgewick officiating). Born 1/3/1870 in Milwaukee, Mary Elizabeth died on 20/2/1944 in Geneva, Fillmore County, Nebraska, age 74.
(1) Ida Dora, born 21/3/1887 in Sandwich, Illinois. (2) Lillie Blanch . (3) Arthur Lee, born 16/2/1889 in Aurora, Nebraska. Arthur Lee died 12/9/1965 in Wadsworth, Kansas & was buried in the Veterans’ cemetery there. (4) Bonnie Beryl .
34. Melvin PARRIS [Parents]. Born 24/1/1866 in Northfield, La Salle County, Illinois, Melvin died 14/7/1927 in Sandwich, De Kalb County, Illinois, age 63. Occupation: Labourer.
On 10/10/1885 when Melvin was age 19, he married Emma BURLTON in Illinois. Emma was born around November/December 1865 in Cockshutt, Shropshire, and was baptized there 21/12/1865. Emma died 2/4/1950 in Morris, Grundy County, Illinois, age 84. Click image to enlarge.
They had the following children who were all born in Sandwich, De Kalb County, Illinois (except Ethel):
(1) Ethel, born December 1887 in Nebraska. (2) Ralph, born 20/4/1890 and died in 1953 in Florida, age about 63. (3) Bessie, born 15/6/1892 and died May 1970 in Sandwich, age 77. (4) Irene, born October 1894. (5) Clifford, born July 1897 and died in 1916, age about 18. (6) Jeanette, born 9/5/1900 and died 16/11/1992 in Holiday, Pasco County, Florida, age 92. (7) Joan, born about 1902 and died in 1990, age about 87. (8) Hazel, born 30/12/1904 and died 22/0/2006, age 101. (9) Kenneth Burlton, born 18/11/1911 and died 30/1/2005, age 83.
Sixth Generation (continued)
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Click to visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a free initial consultation.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|