© S M Jones. Content is free for most uses - see legal stuff. Last update: 24 Jan 2020
This is page 2 of 4 about the Dalladay family originally of Orsett, Essex and later Woolwich, which was a parish in Kent until 1888. It shows, in the fifth generation, the link by marriage to the Jones family. If you have a connection to any individual or family featured here, or if you want to leave us your feedback, contact us. Browse by clicking the previous page/next page buttons or following the numbered (e.g. ) or parental ([Parents]) links.
6. Thomas DALLADAY [Parents]. Born 4/8/1849 in Woolwich and baptized 19/4/1896, age 47, in St Mary Magdalene, Woolwich. It is not known when Thomas died. Occupation: Boot maker (1891 and 1921); Confectioner, shopkeeper (1901).
In 1877, when Thomas was age 26, he married Elizabeth Marian LITTLE in Kingston, Surrey. Elizabeth was born about 1855 in Charlton, Kent. It is not known when she died but Thomas re-married in 1903 and was described as widower on the certificate.
They had the following children, all born Woolwich:
(1) Thomas Henry, born 1878. On 14/12/1902, when Thomas Henry was age 24, he married Sarah FRENCH, daughter of George FRENCH, a Carman, in All Saints Church, Stepney. (2) Edith Marian, born 7/4/1881 and baptized 18/4/1896, age 15, int St Mary Magdalene, Woolwich. (3) Herbert, born about 1885. (4) William Robert  (5) Elsie, born about 1894. (6) Mabel Thomasine, born about 1896 in Woolwich and died at 7:30 a.m. on 18/10/1963 at 7 Highcroft Avenue, Cathcart, Glasgow, age 67. Cause of death Arteriosclerosis, coronary thrombosis, certified by M. Forbes MB. Her death was registered by William McVey of 37 Midcroft Avenue, Glasgow who was described as a friend. On 15/10/1921, when Mabel Thomasine was age 25, she married Richard Joseph JONES, son of Richard Williams JONES and Mary Ann LILLYWHITE, in St Swithin’s Church, Hither Green, London.
On 30/3/1903, when Thomas was age 53, he married Harriet KIDDELL, daughter of John KIDDELL, in St John's Church, Woolwich. They had the following children:
(1) Florence Evelyn, born 1904 in Woolwich. (2) John George, born about 1906 in Plumstead. (3) Margaret, born 1909 in Plumstead. (4) Charles, born around 17/31911 in Plumstead.
7. Joseph DALLADAY [Parents]. Born 14/9/1857 in Woolwich and died 2/6/1922 in Plumstead, age 64. Occupation: Boot maker.
An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “DALLADAY Joseph of 24 Wernbrook Street Plumstead Kent died 2 June 1922 Administration London 22 October to Florence Grace Dalladay widow. Effects £336.” (The equivalent of around £15,624 today.)
In 1882, when Joseph was age about 24, he married Florence Grace ASHDOWN in Woolwich. Born 27/3/1860 in Woolwich, Florence Grace died around 1947, age about 77.
They had the following children:
(1) Ernest Joseph, born 19/5/1883 and Ernest died 1/10/1951, age 68. (2) Richard, born 1885 and died 1911 in Greenwich, age 26. (3) Florence, born 12/3/1860. (4) Alfred, born 1893. (5) John Thomas, born 17/9/1898. On 7/6/1919, when John Thomas was age 20, he married Matilda Jane WALLS in Greenwich. (6) George, born after 31/3/1901.
8. Benjamin DALLADAY [Parents]. Born about 1867 in Woolwich and died 30 March 1933 in St Nicholas Hospital, Plumstead, age about 65. Occupation: Boot maker.
An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “DALLADAY Benjamin of 171 and 173 Plumstead Common Road Plumstead Kent died 30 March 1933 at St Nicholas Hospital Plumstead Probate London 18 May to Frances Amy Dalladay widow and Leonard Sidney Dalladay bootmaker. Effects £3305 8s 2d.” (The equivalent of around £220,444 today.)
In 1890, when Benjamin was age about 23, he married Mary Ann WHITROD in Woolwich. Born 1865 in Guiltcross, Norfolk, it is not known when Mary Ann died but it was before the 1911 census where Benjamin was described as a widower.
They had the following children, both born Woolwich:
(1) Leonard Sydney, born 1897. (2) Hilda Mary, born 1901.
In 1917, when Benjamin was age about 40, he married Frances Amy DRAKE in Plumstead. Born around 1870 in Horninghold, Rutland, Frances Amy died 29/9/1939 in St Nicholas Hospital, Plumstead, age about 69. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “DALLADAY Frances Amy of 1 St Margarets Grove Plumstead Kent widow died 29 September 1939 at St Nicholas Hospital Plumstead Probate London 12 December to Leonard Sydney Dalladay master shoe repairer and Alfred William Temple retired warrant officer H. M. army. Effects £509 0s 7d.” (The equivalent of around £32,525 today.)