© S M Jones 2019. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
This is page 7 of 10 providing the history of two, we believe unrelated, Bradbury families in the Saddleworth area of Yorkshire. Pages 1-7 show the Fairbanks & Runninghill family’s history. Pages 8-10 show the Dig-Lee family’s history. If you have a connection to any individual or family featured here, or if you want to leave us your feedback, contact us. Browse by clicking the last page/next page buttons or following the numbered (e.g. ) or parental ([Parents]) links.
30. John Thomas BRADBURY [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1855 in Ashton under Lyne, Lancashire. It is not known when John died. Occupation: Card room hand.
In the quarter ending June 1875, when John was age about 20, he married Mary Ann FLEMING in Oldham. Mary Ann was born about 1852 in Portlaw, County Waterford, Ireland. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children:
(1) Mary Ann, born quarter ending June 1877 in Rochdale. (2) Samuel, born quarter ending September 1879 in Ashton under Lyne. (3) James, born quarter ending September 1884 in Ashton under Lyne. (4) Caroline, born about 1887 in Ashton under Lyne. (5) Emma, born about 1889 in Ashton under Lyne. (6) Robert, born quarter ending March 1895 in Saddleworth & died 25/9/1915, the first day of the Loos offensive, age 20.
31. John Whitehead BRADBURY [Parents]. Born 4/1/1875 in Lees, Lancashire, John died quarter ending December 1941 in Oldham, age 65. Occupation: Joiner.
In the quarter ending September 1903, when John was age 28, he married Edna NEWTON, daughter of Joseph NEWTON & Julia BROWN, in Oldham. Born quarter ending September 1879 in Oldham, it’s not known when she died.
They had the following children:
(1) Ernest, born 30/7/1903 in Oldham and died there quarter ending September 1982, age 79. (2) John Whitehead, born quarter ending September 1905 in Oldham and died there quarter ending June 1962, age 56.
32. Benjamin Hall BRADBURY [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1866 in Huddersfield, Benjamin died quarter ending September 1904 in Huddersfield, age 38. Occupation: Woollen & worsted piece dyer.
In the quarter ending September 1888, when Benjamin was age 22, he married Mary Hannah MIDGLEY, daughter of Charles and Jane MIDGLEY, in Huddersfield. Mary Hannah was born about 1862, also in Huddersfield. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children, both born Huddersfield:
(1) Mabel, born quarter ending December 1889. (2) Edith, born quarter ending December 1890.
33. Roy Ratcliffe BRADBURY [Parents]. Born 27/4/1877 in Green Mountain, Marshall County, Iowa, Roy Ratcliffe died 20/9/1965 in Marshalltown, age 88. He was buried at Riverside Cemetery, Marshalltown. Occupation: Vice President, later President of a Savings Bank.
In about 1909, when Roy Ratcliffe was age around 32, he married Fannie S. SHAW (1878-1957) in Iowa.
They had the following children, both born Marshall Township:
(1) June Louise, born 12/6/1912 and died 13/4/1999 in Cedar Rapids, Linn County, Iowa, age 86. She was buried at Eldora City Cemetery, Hardin County, Iowa. June Louise married John Louis BUTLER (1912-1999), date and place unknown. (2) James Ratcliffe, born 12/6/1915 and died 27/12/1980, age 65. He was buried at Riverside Cemetery, Marshalltown. James Ratcliffe married Mary Helen DAY (1914-?) - date and place unknown. They had at least one child, who may still be living.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Click to visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a free initial consultation.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|