© S M Jones 2016. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
17. William Thomas LUCHFORD [Parents]. Baptized 6/12/1863 in Halling, William Thomas died 1/1/1928 in Great Burstead, Essex, age 64. An entry in the National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) reads: “LUCHFORD William Thomas of The Duke of York Beerhouse Great Burstead Essex died 1 January 1928 Administration London 21 February to Eliza Elizabeth Luchford widow. Effects £218 14s” (The equivalent of around £12,395 today.) Occupation: Metropolitan Police Constable; Beerhouse keeper.
In the quarter ending March 1887, when William Thomas was age about 23, he married his cousin Eliza Elizabeth LUCHFORD, daughter of Charles LUCHFORD & Jemima MUDDLE, in Maidstone.
They had the following children, all born Bromley by Bow, London:
(1) William Thomas, born quarter ending December 1888. (2) Maud Elizabeth, born quarter ending March 1890. (3) Mabel Florence, born quarter ending March 1892. (4) Ivy Lilian, born quarter ending December 1893. (5) Ethel May, born quarter ending September 1895. (6) Ernest George, born quarter ending June 1897. (7) Harold Luke, born quarter ending December 1899.
18. Horace John LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born quarter ending December 1876 in Aylesford, Horace John died 27/10/1916 in Fitchburg, Massachusetts, USA, age about 40. Occupation: Lime burner; Labourer.
In the quarter ending December 1896, when Horace John was age about 20, he married Clara ROOTS, daughter of William ROOTS & Hannah PARRIS. Born 1879 in Halling, Clara died sometime after 1941 in Massachusetts.
They had the following children:
(1) Horace John, born quarter ending March 1897 in Strood. Around 1919, when Horace John was age about 21, he married Beatrice (maiden name unknown), probably in Massachusetts. (2) Ida May, born quarter ending June 1899 in Strood. (3) Edith Clara, born quarter ending June 1901 in Strood. (4) Phyllis M, born about 1914 in Massachusetts.
19. Charles LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born quarter ending June 1854 in Rochester, Charles died quarter ending March 1940 in Hollingbourne, age 85. Occupation: Master Mariner.
In the quarter ending June 1876, when Charles was age about 21, he married Mary Ann Isabella WHITE in Medway. Mary was born about 1858 in Maidstone & died quarter ending September 1901 in Rochester, age about 43.
They had the following children:
(1) Elizabeth Sarah, born quarter ending June 1878 in Rochester. (2) Alice, born quarter ending December 1880 in Maidstone. (3) Mary Ann Isabella, born quarter ending December 1887 in Maidstone. (4) Emily Dorothy, born quarter ending September 1894 in Maidstone.
In the quarter ending December 1910, when Charles was age 56, he married Annie Marie GOODWIN in Rochester. Annie Marie was born about 1857 in Chatham & died quarter ending December 1930 in Rochester, age about 73.
20. Charles Bazley LUCHFORD [Parents]. Born 2/7/1886 in Gravesend, Charles Bazley died 26/5/1970 in Gravesend, age 83.
In 1908, when Charles Bazley was age about 22, he married Elizabeth Emily PAY in Gravesend, Kent. Born 29/2/1884 in Ashford, Elizabeth Emily died 27/1/1968, age 83, in Gravesend.
They had the following children, all born Gravesend:
(1) Florence Regina, born 1908 & died, age about 72, 1970 in Welling. (2) Kathleen, born quarter ending December 1910.
(3) Annie, born 1913 & died 1988, age about 75. (4) Albert Alfred, baptized 26/7/1916 in St Peter & St Paul Church, Milton-next-Gravesend. Albert Alfred died 18/8/1944, killed in action during World War 2 in France. (5) Dorothy, born 1/6/1922 & died 1994, age about 72. (6) Arthur Kennett, born 1/6/1923 & died 16/12/1994, age 71. (7) Christine Olive, born 1925 and died 1995, age about 70. (8) Phyllis, born 1927 & died 2001, age about 74.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|