© S M Jones 2013. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
This is page 2 of 4 tracing the history of the Beadle family of Hadlow, Halling & Snodland, Kent. It shows the various (and often complex) links by marriage to the Parris, Monk & Roots families. If you have a connection to any individual or family featured here, or if you want to leave us your feedback, contact us. Browse the Beadle family pages by using the forward/back arrows to the next/previous page or following the numbered e.g.  or parental [Parents] links.
The Beadle Family of Hadlow, Kent
6. Ellen Ann BEADLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1849 in Halling, it is not
known when Ellen died.
Ellen Ann had the following child:
(1) Frederick Clement .
Frederick’s father is unknown but given his middle name it could well have been Ellen’s future husband, Clement BIRCH whom she married in the quarter ending September 1878, when she was age 29, in Bury, Lancashire. Clement was born 10/12/1838 in Bury & died 14/5/1922 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, age 83. An entry in the England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) reads: “BIRCH Clement of Hillview St. Philips Avenue Maidstone died 14 May 1922 at 515 Jubilee Avenue Winnipeg Manitoba Canada Probate London 9 December to Jonathan Birch builder. Effects £687.” (The equivalent of around £27,000 today.)
Clement & Ellen had the following children:
(1) Annie Eliza, born quarter ending June 1879 in Bury. (2) Jonathan, born quarter ending March 1881 in Maidstone. (3) Daisy Ellen, born quarter ending June 1883 in Maidstone. (4) Edward, born quarter ending March 1885 in Maidstone. (5) Clement Arthur, born quarter ending March 1888 in Maidstone.
There are references in the passenger records to Ellen travelling between Canada & England after Clement’s death. On 14/4/1924 she left Southampton bound for Montreal on board the Minnedosa, arriving 28/4/1923. On 25/7/1928 she arrived in Southampton from Quebec on board the Empress of Scotland. And on 29/6/1929 she arrived in Montreal from Southampton on board the Ascania.
7. Edward William BEADLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending December 1850 in Halling,
Edward William died quarter ending March 1936 in Strood, age 85. Occupation: Sail
In the quarter ending December 1874, when Edward William was age about 24, he married
Frances Rebecca PETERS in Gravesend. Frances Rebecca was born about 1846 in Snodland.
It is not known when she died.
They had the following children all born Snodland:
(1) Edward Thomas Peters, born quarter ending December 1878 & baptized 8/1/1879 at All Saints Church, Snodland. Edward died quarter ending March 1960 in Chatham, age 81. (2) Francis Richard Parker . (3) Joseph Abel B, born quarter ending December 1882. (4) Sarah Eliza P, born quarter ending June 1886.
8. Henry Thomas BEADLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending June 1852 in Halling, Henry
Thomas died 29/10/1914 at London Road, West Malling, age 62. An entry in the England
& Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills & Administrations) reads: “BEADLE
Henry Thomas of Alma Villa Holborough Road Snodland Kent died 28 October 1914 at
London Road West Malling Kent Administration London 10 April to Catherine Beadle
widow. Effects £155 17s 7d.” (The equivalent of around £15,000 today.) Occupation:
Variously Engine driver; Insurance agent.
In the quarter ending December 1873, when Henry Thomas was age about 21, he married
Ann CHITTENDEN in Malling. Ann was born about 1853 & died probably in late July 1878,
age 25, in Malling. She was buried 3/8/1878 at All Saints Church, Snodland.
They had the following children, both born Snodland:
(1) Ann, born quarter ending March 1877. (2) Eva Jane, born about 1878. Eva Jane died quarter ending March 1879, age 1, and was buried 24/4/1879 at All Saints Church, Snodland.
In the quarter ending December 1879, when Henry Thomas was age about 27, he married
Catherine JOYCE in Malling. Catherine was born about 1856 in Southwark, London. It
is not known when she died.
They had the following children, all born Snodland:
(1) Henry Thomas, born quarter ending December 1880. (2) Kate Adeline, born quarter
ending December 1883. (3) Percy Allen, born quarter ending June 1889. (4) Florence
May, born quarter ending December 1890. (5) Gladys Maud, born quarter ending December
(6) Dorothy Emma, born quarter ending September 1896.