© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
21. William Henry ROOTS [Parents]. Born quarter ending September 1874 in Meopham, William Henry died quarter ending December 1937 in Medway, age 63. Occupation: Farm labourer.
In the quarter ending June 1897, when William Henry was age about 23, he married Mary Elizabeth GOODWIN in Strood. Mary Elizabeth was born about 1878 in Luddesdown.
They had the following children, both born Meopham:
(1) Eleanor Elizabeth, born quarter ending September 1898. (2) Robert John M, born quarter ending December 1900. (3) William, born quarter ending September 1906.
22. William ROOTS [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1870 in Luddesdown, it is not known when William died. Occupation: Ag. Labourer
About 1891, when William age about 21, he married Elizabeth Emma GILBERT. Elizabeth Emma was born about 1875 in Puddletown, Dorset. It is not known when Elizabeth died.
They had the following children:
(1) Amelia Marion, born about 1892 in Trottiscliffe. (2) Daisy Lilian, born quarter ending December 1894 in Luddesdown. (3) William George, born quarter ending June 1896 in Meopham. (4) Herbert Reginald, born quarter ending March 1898 in Meopham. (5) Cicely Muriel, born quarter ending December 1899 in Meopham. (6) Edith Emma, born quarter ending June 1901 in Meopham. (7) John, born about 1903 in Meopham.
23. Frank Herbert ROOTS [Parents]. Born 3/9/1884 in Halling and baptized 26/10/1884 in Maidstone, Frank Herbert died there 21/3/1953, age 68. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “ROOTS Frank Herbert of 129 Foster Clark Estate Maidstone died 21 March 1953 Administration London 22 May to Ellen Roots widow. Effects £376 8s. 6d.” (Worth around £9926 today.) Occupation: Horse driver groom (1901); Stoker Petty Officer (1911); Builder’s labourer (1939). Frank Herbert served in the Royal Navy between 11/11/1902 and 17/7/1918 when his military record shows he was invalided out. No further details were given.
In 1905 (quarter ending December), when Frank Herbert was age 21, he married Ellen SNASHFOLD (1883-1970), daughter of George SNASHFORD and Esther CHESSON, in Maidstone.
They had the following children, all born/baptized in Maidstone:
(1) Frank Charles George, born 13/1/1907 and baptized in St Peter’s Church 4/4/1907. (2) Eileen Alice, born 7/3/1911 and died 3/8/1996, age 85. On 27/11/1937, when Eileen was age 26, she married Leslie PARRIS (1904-1984), son of Henry PARRIS and Ellen TOMKIN, in Maidstone Registry Office. (3) Sydney, born 1918. (4) Joan, born 1921. (5) Norman, born 1923. Gilbert, born 1925.
Fifth Generation (continued)
|Legal stuff and Cookies|