© S M Jones 2013. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
This is page 3 of 3 tracing covering a branch of the Parris family from the Ightham, Offham & Plaxtol areas of Kent. This branch is connected to the Tomkin family by marriage. We think they are linked to the other Parris families the site but at the moment we lack the evidence to prove it. If you can help make that link, or if have a connection to any individual or family featured here, contact us. Browse the Parris pages by using the forward/back arrows to the next/previous page or following the numbered e.g.  or parental [Parents] links.
The Parris Family of Ightham, Kent
8. William PARRIS. [Parents]. Baptized 7/9/1845 at St Peter & St Paul Church, Ash-Next-Ridley,
William died quarter ending September 1930 in the Dartford registration district
(that included the village of Ash), age 85.
In the quarter ending March 1870, when William was age about 24, he married Emma
TAYLOR. Emma was born 5/11/1850 in Horley, Surrey & died 24/12/1930 in Dartford,
They had the following children, all born in Ash:
(1) Ethel Adelaide, born quarter ending June 1876. (2) Mabel Emma, born about 1880. (3) Frederick William, born about 1881. (4) Percy Thomas, born quarter ending March 1884. (5) Elsie Fanny, born quarter ending September 1886. (6) William George, born 2/6/1889. William George died 19/10/1950 in Luton, age 60. On 23/5/1912, when William George was age 22, he married Gladys Lillian SEWELL in Bexleyheath.
9. George PARRIS [Parents]. Born 25/12/1838 & baptized 8/1/1839 in Trottiscliffe,
George died quarter ending June 1906 in Malling. Occupation: Ag. Labourer.
On 24/7/1869, when George was age 30, he married Emily TOMKIN, daughter of William
TOMKIN & Ruth LANGLEY, in Malling. Emily was born about 1840 in Ightham.
They had the following children:
(1) George, baptized 16/10/1870 in Leybourne. (2) William Friend, born quarter ending March 1872 in Leybourne. (3) Clara Ruth, born quarter ending June 1877 in Wrotham. (4) Albert Thomas, born quarter ending September 1882 in Wrotham.
10. Thomas PARRIS [Parents]. Born 27/1/1847 in Offham, Thomas died quarter ending
June 1928 in Malling, age 81. Occupation: Ag. Labourer.
On 22/8/1868, when Thomas was age 21, he married Eliza Mary Thirza ROOTS in Trottiscliffe
Parish Church. Eliza was born about 1847 in Trottiscliffe. Eliza died quarter ending
December 1929 in Maidstone, age 82.
They had the following children, all events in Trottiscliffe (unless it says otherwise):
(1) Annie Eliza, born 11/6/1869, baptized 25/7/1869 & died age 1. Buried 31/7/1870.
(2) Bertha Harriet, born 25/2/1871 & baptized 9/4/1871. On 27/7/1906, when Bertha
was age 35, she married Thomas Walter STOCKLEY in Malling. Bertha Harriet died 9/7/1936,
age 65. (3) Thomas Henry, born 30/7/1873 & baptized 24/8/1873. Thomas Henry died
age 5 months & was buried 4/1/1874. (4) Charles John, born quarter ending March 1875.
(5) Mildred Rose, born 2/9/1877 & baptized 28/10/1877. (6) George, born 18/4/1880
in Addington & baptized 4/7/1880. (7) Lilian Nellie, born 11/1/1883 in Addington
& baptized 22/4/1883. (8) Cecil Arthur, born quarter ending September 1880 in Addington.
(9) Winifred Emily, born quarter ending December 1888 in Addington. (10) Harry, born
quarter ending March 1891 in Addington. Harry died quarter ending June 1896, age
11. Robert Friend PARRIS [Parents] Baptized 16/11/1856 in Trottiscliffe, Robert died in January 1936 in Malling, age 70. Occupation: Ag. Labourer.
On 3/6/1880, when Robert was age 24, he married Harriet VENISON in Malling. Harriet
was born about 1855 in Meopham & died 19/8/1942 age about 87.
They had the following children, all born Trottiscliffe:
(1) Winifred Annie, born 10/7/1881 & baptized 21/8/1881. (2) Constance Gertrude,
born 25/11/1882 & baptized 31/12/1882. Constance Gertrude died 3/1/1973 age 90. (3) Florence
Kate, born 7/9/1884 & baptized 26/10/1884. Florence Kate died 10/4/1968 age 83.
(4) Leonard Friend, born 12 July 1887 & baptized 24/7/1887. (5) Wilfred Harry Ray, born 17/6/1889 & baptized 4/8/1889. Wilfred died 1959, age about 70. (6) Edward Venison, born 1/10/1892 & baptized 17/10/1892. Edward died 20/10/1892.