© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
35. Jane Esther PARRIS [Parents] Born 1/5/1865 in Illinois, Jane Esther died 13/12/1914, age 49.
On 31/12/1883 when Jane Esther was 18, she married Thomas W. WRIGHT, in Shabbona, DeKalb County, Illinois. Thomas was born December 1857 in Illinois. It is not known when he died.
They had the following children, all born Iowa :
(1) Elizabeth F, born December 1884. (2) Cora E, born May 1887. (3) George, born July 1889. (4) Jennie Frances Jane, born 22/12/1900 & died 25/1/1967 in Santa Clara, California, age 66. On 22/6/1926 when Jane Frances Jennie was 25, she married James Edward GOODWIN, in St Louis. James Edward was born 11/10/1892 in Nashville, Tennessee.
36. James William PARRIS [Parents]. Born 25/12/1867 in Illinois, James William died 1951 in Tucson, Pima County, Arizona, age about 83. He was buried in Holy Hope Cemetery, Tucson. Occupation: High school teacher; later Superintendent of Schools for Cook County, Illinois.
Around 1893, when James William was age about 26, he married Cora W. CLARK, daughter (according to her death certificate) of Kinzie CLARK and Arobella RAIPER. Cora was born 21/7/1873 in Medaryville, Indiana, and died 20/11/1948 in St Mary's Hospital, Tucson, Pima County, Arizona, age 75. Cause of death certified as Cancer of the abdomen. She was buried 23/11/1948 in Holy Hope Cemetery, Tucson.
They had the following children, all born Illinois except Edna:
(1) Edna, born June 1894 in Indiana. Edna married Charles HIPPSHAW, date unknown. (2) Lester, born April 1897. (3) Noel Clark . (4) Raymond, born about 1901. (5) Kenneth, born about 1903. (6) Helen, born about 1906. (7) Esther, born about 1907.
37. John Butler PARRIS [Parents]. Born 8/9/1872 in Illinois, John Butler died 3/12/1936 in Winamac, Pulaski County, Indiana, age 64. Occupation: Farmer.
On 21/12/1905, when John Butler was age 33, he married Ada Ina CAMPBELL in Winamac, Pulaski County, Indiana. Ada Ina was born about 1886 in Indiana. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children, all born Indiana:
(1) Adaline, born about 1906. (2) Doris, born about 1908. (3) Butler, born about 1908. (4) Francis, born about 1910. (5) John William, born 17/9/1919. On 31/7/1943, when John William was age 23, he married Dorothy McDERMOTT in Los Angeles, California.
Sixth Generation (continued)
38. William PARRIS [Parents]. Born 1847 in Cliffe at Hoo, it is not known when William died.
In the quarter ending December 1871, when William was age about 22, he married Emma WEST in North Aylesford, Kent. Emma was born 1851 in Borstal, Kent.
They had the following children:
(1) Frederick, born quarter ending March 1872 in Cliffe at Hoo. Frederick died quarter ending March 1893 in Woolwich, age 20. (2) George, born 7/1/1884 in Borstal and baptized 22/11/1874 at St Margaret’s Rochester. George died in 1951 in Chatham, age 76. There’s no evidence he married. (3) Percival, baptized 27/5/1874 at St Margaret’s Rochester. Percival died quarter ending December 1883, age 6. (4) William . (5) Sarah Ann, born quarter ending December 1881 in Borstal. On 14/8/1907, when Sarah was age 25, she married William Edward NELSON at the Parish Church, Borstal. (6) Arthur, born 7/9/1886 in Borstal and died 1941 in Strood, age 54. In 1917, when Arthur was age 31, he married Irene Florence FACKERALL (1894-1973) in Medway.
39. John PARRIS [Parents]. Born 22/9/1869 in West Court Cottages, Cliffe at Hoo, John died 19/6/1953 in Dartford, age about 84. Cause of death certified as 1) Myocardial degeneration 2) Arteriosclerosis 3) Chronic arthritis. He was buried 24/6/1953 in Stone cemetery. Occupation: Clay digger.
On 30/7/1892, when John was age 22, he married Harriett Emily GREEN, daughter of Cornelius GREEN and Harriett DOWSETT, in the Parish Church, Cliffe at Hoo. Born 6/8/1872 in Cliffe at Hoo, Harriett died 15/3/1928 in Maidstone, age 55. She was buried in Stone cemetery 31/3/1928.
They had the following children:
(1) Grace, born 1893 in Cliffe at Hoo. (2) Leonard, born 1895 in Cliffe at Hoo. (3) George John, born 17/8/1896 in Cliffe at Hoo & died 1986 in Caister, Norfolk, age about 89. On 22/12 1923, when George John was age 27, he married Florence M. JOHNSON in Greenhithe. Florence was born 17/7/1898 in Strood & died in September 1992 in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, age 94. They had 3 children who are still living. (4) Sidney, born 24/9/1899 in Stoke, Kent, and died 6/11/1983 in Auckland, New Zealand, age 84. On 29/1/1927, when Sidney was age 27, he married Kathleen Amelia LOCKE in Erith Parish Church. Kathleen was born 25/8/1900 and died 8/5/1940 in Barming Heath Hospital, Maidstone (now Oakwood Hospital). On 29/6/1940, when Sidney was age 41, he married Barbara Jean POTTER in Dartford. Barbara was born 21/1/1909 in Poplar and died 1993 in Auckland, age about 83. On 5/12/1950 Sidney and Barbara left London for Sydney, Australia, on board RMS Orion, with two children (who may be still living). Their intended “country of intended future residence” is shown in the ship’s passenger list as New Zealand. (5) Arthur Robert Redvers, born 27/5/1900 in Stoke & died 1978, age 78. (6) Harold Victor, born 18/9/1903 in Cliffe at Hoo & died 27/2/1977 in Swanscombe, age 73. (7) Edith May, born 10/5/1906 in Cliffe at Hoo & died December 1986 in Gravesend, age 80. (8) Albert, born 30/5/1909 in Cliffe at Hoo & died 24/5/1996 in Canterbury, age 86.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|