© S M Jones 2017. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
9. Thomas William BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born quarter ending March 1884 in Guildford, Surrey, Thomas William died 8 Mar 1944 in Atkinson Morley Hospital, Wimbledon, age 60. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “BURRIDGE Thomas William of 36 Crampton Street Walworth London died 8 March 1944 at Atkinson Morley Hospital Wimbledon Surrey Administration Llandudno 24 March to Ada Edith Burridge widow and Edna Amelia Coldham (wife of William Joyce Coldham). Effects £2990 12s 2d.” (The equivalent of around £125,323 today.) Occupation: Labourer; Iron caulker.
On 4 Aug 1909, when Thomas William was age 25, he married Ada Edith CHALLIS, daughter of Alfred William CHALLIS, a Stick mounter, at St Peter, Islington. Ellen was born about 1886 in Islington. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children:
(1) Dora Edith, born May 1910 in Moillbrook, Cornwall. In the quarter ending December 1934, when Edna was age 24, she married Alfred COOK in Southwark. (2) Edna Amelia, born quarter ending June 1914 in St Germans, Cornwall. In the quarter ending September 1933, when Edna was age 19, she married William COLDHAM in Southwark. (3) Stanley William, born 8 Oct 1921 in St Germans, Cornwall, and died 1998 in Surrey, age about 77.
10. Harry George BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born 18 Dec 1894 in Southwark, Harry George died 12 Mar 1976 in Greenwich, age 81. Occupation Clerk.
On 5 Oct 1913, when Harry George was age 19, he married Ella Elizabeth BAKER, daughter of James William BAKER, a Manager, at All Souls Church, Newington, London. Ella Elizabeth was born about 1894. It is not known when she died. Harry & Ella were divorced around 1938.
They had the following children, all born Wandsworth:
(1) Lucy, born quarter ending December 1916 & died quarter ending March 1923, also in Wandsworth, age 6. (2) Emma, born quarter ending December 1919. It is not known when she died. In 1941, when Emma was age about 24, she married Henry George NATION (1913-1981) in Wandsworth. (3) Mary born quarter ending December 1922. It is not known when she died. In 1943, when Mary was age about 20, she married William SAVAGE (1919-?) in Wandsworth.
In the quarter ending June 1939, when Harry George was age 44, he married Laura Kathleen BRONSDON in Lewisham. Laura Kathleen was born 18 Dec 1894 in Southwark & died 12 Mar 1976 in Greenwich, age 81. They had two children who are thought to be still living.
11. William Henry BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born quarter ending June 1891 in Sheerness, William Henry died 5 Jun 1961 in Newcastle Upon Tyne, age 70. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “BURRIDGE William Henry of 24 Sidney grove Newcastle upon Tyne died 5 June 1961 at The General Hospital Newcastle upon Tyne Administration Newcastle upon Tyne 8 September to William John Burridge rate fixer. Effects £620 14s 1d.” (The equivalent of around £13,165 today.) Occupation: Engine fitter.
In the quarter ending March 1914, when William Henry was age 22, he married Clara Lavinia ELDRIDGE in Sheppey. Clara Lavinia was born quarter ending December 1890 in Sheppey & died quarter ending March 1954 in Newcastle Upon Tyne , age 63.
They had the following children, all born Sheppey:
(1) Lilian Lavinia, born 22 Sep 1914 & died 1995 in Chatham, age 80. In 1938, when Lilian Lavinia was age about 24, she married John William ROSSITER (1909-1992) in Sheppey. (2) Doris, born quarter ending June 1917. In 1939, when Doris was age about 21, she married Arthur T. CURTIS in Sheppey. (3) William John, born quarter ending March 1919 & died January 1986 in Newcastle Upon Tyne, age 68. (4) Alan, born 3 Sep 1927 & died February 2000 in Exeter, age 72. And three other children who may still be living.
12. Bertram Charles BURRIDGE [Parents]. Born quarter ending December 1894 in Sheerness & died 17 Oct 1958 in Sheppey, age 63. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “BURRIDGE Bertram Charles of 56 Maple Street Sheerness Kent died 17 October 1958 at The General Hospital Sheppey Kent Administration (with Will) Newcastle Upon Tyne 23 April to [may still be living]. Effects £575 11s 5d” (The equivalent of around £12,787 today.) Occupation: Dockyard driller. Bertram’s work took him around the world. On 27 Mar 1922 he arrived in London from Kobe, Japan (via Shanghai, Columbo & Suez), on board the steam ship “Nagoya”. On 12 Dec 1934 he arrived in Liverpool from Bermuda on board RMS “Orduna” which had sailed from Talacahuano, Chile.
In the quarter ending September 1925, when Bertram Charles was age about 30, he married Esther DIXON in Strood, Kent. It is not known when Esther was born or when she died. They had two children who may still be living.
Thinking of discovering more about your family tree? Visit our linked site FindMyAncestor.net for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|