© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
15. Simeon BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 27/11/1803 a St Chad, Saddleworth, Simeon died quarter ending September 1878 in Saddleworth, age about 74. Occupation: Woollen weaver.
On 23/4/1827, when Simeon was age about 23, he married Betty WOOD in Rochdale, Lancashire. Betty was born about 1810 in Saddleworth. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children:
(1) Samuel Buckley . (2) Edna, born about 1832. (3) James, born about 1834. (4) John Thomas, born about 1837. (5) William, born about 1839. (6) Joseph, born about 1842. (7) Mary Ann, born about 1844. (8) Caroline, born about 1850. (9) Frederick, born 1851.
(10) Emma, born 1856.
16. Simon BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 13/3/1805 in Saddleworth, Simon died before 1871; he does not appear in the census for that year & his wife is described as a widow. Lived at Runninghill Head.
Simon married Mary Ann, before about 1836 (exact date & maiden name unknown). Mary Ann was born about 1810 in Saddleworth.
They had the following children:
(1) Joseph . (2) John, born about 1840 in Saddleworth. It’s assumed he died before 1851. He does not appear in the census for that year.
17. Reuben BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 25/5/1806 in Saddleworth, it is not known when Reuben died. Lived at Runninghill Head. Occupation: Clothier.
Reuben married Mary, before 1829 (exact date & maiden name unknown). Mary was born about 1807 in Saddleworth.
They had the following children, all born or baptized in Saddleworth:
(1) Hannah, baptized 6/9/1829. (2) Elizabeth, baptized 27/10/1833. (3) Frances, baptized 25/10/1835. (4) Sarah, baptized 18/8/1839. In the quarter ending September 1860, when Sarah was age 21, she married Charles James WILCOCKSON, son of John WILCOCKSON & Ann BASTOW, in Saddlecloths. (5) Ann, born about 1841. (6) Reuben .
18. John BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 15/5/1814 in Saddleworth, John died before 1891; he doed not appear in that year’s census. Lived at Runninghill Head. Occupation: Woollen Weaver.
In the quarter ending March 1841, when John was age about 25, he married Mary WRIGLEY in St Mary, Oldham. Mary was born about 1819.
They had the following children, all born in Saddleworth:
(1) Sarah, born quarter ending March 1842. (2) Job, born quarter ending March 1844. 3) Phoebe, born quarter ending March 1848. (4) Alfred, born quarter ending December 1851. (5) John, born about 1856.
19. William BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 11/11/1792 at St Chad, Saddleworth, James died April 1852, also in Saddleworth, age 59. He was buried 25/4/1852 at St Chad.
On 20/1/1813, when William was age 20, he married Sarah NOBLE in Saddleworth. Sarah was born about 1792 in Saddleworth and died there February 1817, age around 24. She was buried 9/2/1817 at St Chad.
They had the following childre:
(1) James, born about 1813. He was a gunner in the Royal Horse Artillery, posted to India about 1836 where he remained until his death. Find out about his descendants in the Bradbury family in India pages. (2) Sarah Ann, baptized 15/7/1815 at St Chad. It’s not known when Sarah Ann died. (3) John, baptized 9/2/1817 at St Chad, the same day as his mother’s burial. He died September 1818, age given in the burial record as 1 year 7 months. He was buried 16/9/1818 at St Chad’s graveyard.
20. Joseph BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 24/8/1800 at St Chad, Saddleworth, Joseph died 15/5/1838 at Marslands, age 38.
In 1823, when Joseph was age about 23, he married Hannah (maiden name unknown). Born about 1807 in Saddleworth, Hannah died 5/6/1877, age about 70.
They had the following children, both born/baptized in Saddleworth:
(1) Elizabeth, baptized 25/11/1832. (2) Joseph, born about 1838.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|