© S M Jones 2017. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
13. Arthur Frederick COCHRANE [Parents]. Born 28/2/1881 at 20, Block G, Peabody Square, Southwark & died 15/5/1952 in Ilford, Essex, age 71. Cause of death certified as Cerebral thrombosis; Arterio-sclerosis; Hypertension.
On 25/12/1911, when Arthur Frederick was age 30, he married Clara Christina BISHOP, daughter of Henry BISHOP
(deceased) at St George the Martyr, Southwark. Clara was born 1887 in Camberwell & died 1918 in Lambeth, it’s
thought due to the Influenza epidemic, age 31.
They had the following child:
(1) Violet, born 1914 in West Ham. It’s not known when Violet died.
On 8/3/1919, when Arthur Frederick was age 38, he married Elsie Mary BARNES, daughter of Albert Thomas BARNES, a Prison Warder, at St Mary de Lode, Gloucester. Elsie was born about 1894; it’s not known when she died. They had no children.
14. Ernest COCHRANE [Parents]. Born 28/11/1886 at 11, Block E, Peabody Square, Southwark & died 13/3/1950 in Hornchurch, Essex, age 63. Cause of death certified as “Carcinoma right bronchus (operation June 1949 growth inseparable)”.
On 4/4/1915, when Ernest was age, he married Ellen WILSON, daughter of Thomas WILSON, a Bootmaker, at St George
the Martyr, Southwark. Ellen was born about 1886 & died in 1918 in West Ham, it’s thought due to the Influenza epidemic,
age about 32.
They had the following children:
(1) Edith Florence, born 19/1/1916 in West Ham & died 2010, age about 94. (2) Ernest Edward, born 18/4/1917
in West Ham & died 2010, age about 93.
Thanks to Lesley Parks for the pictures. Select an image to enlarge it.
15. William Edward (or Edwin) Constable COCHRANE [Parent]. Born 22/3/1870 in Islington Workhouse, Holloway, William Edward died 5/5/1936 at the Royal Northern Hospital, Islington, age 66. Cause of death certified as Carcinoma of bladder with multiple secondary deposits. Occupation: House painter.
On 9/12/1888, when William Edward was age 18, he married Annie Elizabeth Adelaide GROVES, daughter of Arthur Lawton GROVES & Ann ROBERTS, at St James Parish Church, Hampstead Road, Middlesex. Annie was born 4/12/1868 in Kentish Town, and died 1951 in Wood Green, age 82.
They had the following children:
(1) William Francis Arthur, born 4/10/1889 in Edmonton and baptized 25/10/1891 at St John the Evangelist, Brownswood Park, Hornsey. William died quarter ending March 1945 in Brentford, age 55. On 31/12/1916, when William was age 27, he married Florence Maud Mary STEER (1887-1934), daughter of Frank STEER (deceased), at St Matthew, Bayswater. (2) Ernest Harold, born 12/4/1891 in Finsbury Park and died 31/5/1916, age 25, on board HMS Black Prince when it was sunk during the Battle of Jutland. (3) Kathleen Victoria, born 29/1/1893 in Harringay & died 29/5/1984 in Hobart, Tasmania, age 91. On 25/2/1914, when Kathleen was age 21, she married Albert MATHEWS (1892-1954). (4) Laurie Annie, born 26/4/1896 in Edmonton & died quarter ending March 1971 in Haringey, age 74. On 1/8/1920, when Laurie Annie was age 24, she married Frank William KINGCOMBE (1894-1958), son of William Frank KINGCOMBE, a carpenter, at Christ Church, West Green, Haringey.
16. John COCHRANE [Parents]. Born 18/6/1875 at 1 James Terrace, Georges Road, Islington, John died 29/6/1949 at the North Middlesex Hospital, Edmonton, age 74. Cause of death certified as Congestive cardiac failure; Emphysema; Chronic bronchitis. Occupation: General Labourer.
On 23/6/1895, when John was age 20, he married Laurrie Austin HICKS, daughter of Charles HICKS, a Stonemason, at All Saints Church, Tufnell Park. Laurrie was born 15/10/1876 in Virginia Water, Surrey, and died in 1964 at Southend-on-Sea, age 87.
They had the following children, all born Islington:
(1) Laurie Maud Alberta, born quarter ending March 1898 & baptized 20/3/1900 at Emmanuel, Holloway. In 1928, when Laurie was age 30, she married Arthur N. BALL in Edmonton. (2) Ivy Victoria Elizabeth, born about March 1900 & baptized 20/3/1900 at Emmanuel, Holloway. In 1921, when Ivy was age about 21, she married Alfred Frederick NORTH in Edmonton. (3) Charles Frederick George John .
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.
|Legal stuff and Cookies|