© S M Jones 2013. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information
This is page 19 of 19 providing the history of the Chapple family of Devon. If you have a connection to any individual or family featured here, or if you want to leave us your feedback, contact us. Browse the Chapple pages by clicking the forward/back arrows or following the numbered e.g.  or parental [Parents] links.
The Chapple Family of Devon
Twelfth Generation (continued)
100. Frederick Percy CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending June 1888 in Beer, Devon, Frederick Percy died quarter ending June 1955 in Honiton, age 67. Occupation: Fisherman.
In the quarter ending June 1911, when Frederick Percy was age about 22, he married Alice M. EDWARDS in Axminster.
They had the following children:
(1) Charles Frederick, born 13/11/1915 in Axminster & died September 1992 in Honiton, age 76. In 1939, when Charles was age about 23, he married Kathleen Mary FRIAR (1916-1987) in Honiton. (2) Patricia, born quarter ending March 1919 in Axminster. In 1940, when Patricia was age about 20, she married Albert FOWLER in Honiton.
101. Thomas Henry CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending June 1885 in Axminster, Thomas died 16/8/1966 in Portsmouth, age 81. Occupation: Fruiterer & Greengrocer. An entry in the England & Wales National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations) reads: “CHAPPLE Thomas Henry of 52 Chelsea Road Southsea Portsmouth died 18 July 1966 Administration Winchester 16 August to Marjorie Chapple widow. £495.” (The equivalent of around £7,900 today.)
In the quarter ending March 1906, when Thomas was age about 20, he married Alice Beatrice MILLER in Portsmouth. Alice was born quarter ending March 1880 in Portsmouth & died there quarter ending June 1935, age 55.
They had the following children, both born Portsmouth:
(1) Edna May, born quarter ending March 1907. (2) Hilda Gladys, born quarter ending September 1909.
In the quarter ending December 1944, when Thomas was age 59, he married Margery EDMUNDS in Portsmouth. It is not known when Margery was born or when she died.
102. Frederick Robert CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born on 19/11/1887 in Leeds, Frederick Robert died 1/1/1959 in Leeds, age 71. Buried in Lawnswood cemetery, Leeds.
On 17/6/1915 when Frederick Robert was 27, he married Evelyn GLEDHILL in Leeds. Born 30/10/1888 in Holbeck, Evelyn died 17/12/1916 in Leeds, age 28.
Frederick Robert also married Edith Mary BENN. Born on 8/5/1907 in Heckmondwicke, Edith Mary died 29/1/1974 in Stroud, Glocestershire, age 66. They had 1 child who is still living.