© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
4. Thomas PARRIS [Parents]. Baptized 3/2/1760 in Stansted. It’s not known when Thomas died. On 26/10/1788, when Thomas was age about 26, he married Sarah FAIRMAN, daughter of John and Elizabeth FAIRMAN, in Meopham. Baptized 17/5/1761 in Ham, Kent. It’s not known when Elizabeth died.
They had the following children, all born in Snodland:
(1) Frances, born 1789. (2) Mary, born 1791. (3) Mark, born 1793. (4) Sarah, born 1795. (5) Anne, born 1800. (6) John. (7) Susannah, born 1808.
5. Henry PARRIS [Parents]. Baptized 9/5/1762 in Stansted, it’s not known when Henry died. Occupation: Labourer. On 17/12/1785 when Henry was 23, he married Elizabeth HALLONS in Stansted. Elizabeth was born about 1765. It’s not known when she died.
They had the following children, all born and baptized in Stansted:
(1) William, baptized 17/12/1786. William married Catherine (maiden name & marriage date unknown). Catherine was born about 1790 in Ireland. (2) Mary, baptized 1/6/1794. (3) James. (4) Esther, baptized 30/6/1798. (5) Harriet, baptized 1/8/1802. On 8/9/1822 when Harriet was 20, she married George ROOTS, son of Thomas ROOTS & Mary CROUCHER, in Luddesdown.
6. Mark PARRIS [Parents]. Baptized in Stansted 24/5/1772, Mark died around December 1822, age about 50, and was buried 6/12/1822 in St James, Cooling. On 5/11/1798 when Mark was 26, he married Mary STEVENS in Ridley. It’s not known when Mary was born or died.
They had the following children:
(1) Elizabeth, baptized 4/1/1801 in St John the Baptist, Meopham. (2) James, baptized 12/3/1803 in St John the Baptist, Meopham. (3) William Robert. (4) Harriet, baptized 26/5/1811 in St Peter & St Paul, Shorne. (5) Hester, baptized 17/10/1813 in St Peter & St Paul, Shorne. (6) Mark, baptized 28/5/1815 in St James, Cooling. On 27/11/1837 when Mark was age 22, he married Esther Hopper GOLDING at St Nicholas Church, Rochester. (7) Sophia, baptized 8/6/1817 in St James, Cooling. (8) Rebecca, baptized 3/11/1822 in St James, Cooling.