© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
5. William Osman JONES [Parents]. Born 4/2/1885 in Knossington, it is not known when William died. Occupation: Grocer’s porter (1911). On 21/3/1906, when William was age 21, he married Elizabeth Jane NEALE, daughter of George & Sarah NEALE, in Somerby. Elizabeth Jane was born quarter ending December 1881 in Somerby. It is not know when she died. They had the following children:
(1) George Osman. (2) Mabel Abigail, born 1910 in Somerby.
6. Frederick Richard JONES [Parents]. Born 1886 in Knossington, it is not known when Frederick died. Frederick made several visits to Canada & left London 26/3/1920 for the final time with his family & sister Jessica on board the “Saxonia” bound for Halifax, Nova Scotia, arriving there 30/3/1920. On 30/4/1912, when Frederick was age 25, he married Rose KEMISH, daughter of Thomas KEMISH & Ann OLIVER, at St Catherines, Ontario, Canada. Rose was born about 1889 in Hampshire. It is not known when she died. They had the following children:
(1) Frederick, born about 1914 in Canada. (2) Geoffrey Oliver, born 1914 in Hampshire. Geoffrey died 11/2/1989 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, age 74. Geoffrey Oliver married Ethel Mary PARKER (1917-1996) in Winnipeg (date unknown). (3) Owen Lloyd, born 1916 in Berkshire. (4) Vera Rose, born 1919 in Farnham, Surrey.
7. Stanley Jonathan JONES [Parents]. Born 22/11/1890 and died 29/4/1977 in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, age 86. Stanley served as a gunner in the Royal Garrison Artillery between 15/2/1915 & 29/7/1920 when he was discharged at his own request on payment of £25 (around £1,100 today). On 1/11/1919, when Stanley was age 28, he married Fredericka May BUCKLEY in Steyning, Sussex. Fredericka was born quarter ending March 1885 in Watford & died 17/3/1920 in Shoreham-by-Sea, Sussex, age 35. Cause of death certified by A. G. St Ledger as (1) Influenza 5 days (2) Pneumonia 1 day. Stanley’s address on the death certificate was given as Moore Park, Killworth, Co. Cork where he was serving at the time. There is no evidence they had any children. Stanley emigrated to Canada after Fredericka’s death, probably after his army discharge, but the precise date is unknown.
In 1921, when Stanley was age about 30, he married Rosalie SIMMONDS, daughter of William Frederick & Emma SIMMONDS, in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. Rosalie was born 27/7/1898 in Islington, London and baptized 3/1/1904 in All Saints, Tufnell Park, Islington. She died 25/11/1998 in Lethbridge, age 100.
They had the following children:
(1) Stanley Gordon, born 29/3/1922 in Lethbridge and died 27/11/2011 in Calgary, age 89. (2) Geoffrey Charles, born 22/4/1924 in Lethbridge and died 21/9/1991 in Santa Clara, California, age 67. On 11/12/1979, in San Francisco, Geoffrey became a US citizen along with his wife Anne Alice, whom he married on 20/12/1926 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
8. Geoffrey Charles Harris JONES [Parents]. Born 23/3/1896 in Knossington, Geoffrey died quarter ending December 1968 in North Yorkshire, age 72. Occupation: Gardener (1939).
On 30/6/1923, when Geoffrey was age 27, he married Phyllis Mary BROWN, daughter of Maurice BROWN, a farmer, & Esther Ann HAIGH at All Souls Parish Church, Leeds, Yorkshire. Phyllis was born 23/6/1896 in Thorner & died quarter ending December 1977 in North Yorkshire, age 81.
They had the following child:
(1) Joyce Phyllis, born 15/4/1924 in Faringdon, Berkshire and died March 2006 in North Yorkshire, age 81. Joyce never married.
9. Richard Joseph JONES [Parents]. Born 16/3/1892 in West Ham, Richard Joseph died 10/3/1962 at 9 Highcroft Avenue, Cathcart, Glasgow, age 69. Cause of death Carcinoma of the colon, certified by J. Maguire, LRCPS. His death was registered by William McVey of 37 Midcroft Avenue, Glasgow who was described as a friend. Occupation: Railway Clerk, Glasgow Central station. On 15/10/1921 when Richard Joseph was age 29, he married Mabel Thomasine DALLADAY, daughter of Thomas DALLADAY, a shoemaker, at St Swithin’s Church, Hither Green, London. Mabel Thomasine was born 1896 in Woolwich & died 18/10/1963 at 7 Highcroft Avenue, Cathcart, Glasgow, age 67. Cause of death Arteriosclerosis, coronary thrombosis, certified by M. Forbes MB. Mabel’s death was also registered by William McVey. Richard & Mabel had no children.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? Visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a free initial consultation