© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
10. Albert Edward Parris JOHNSON [Parents]. Born 16/10/1891 in Shoreditch. Albert Edward died 20/5/1946 at Lister Hospital, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, age 54. Cause of death: Bronchial carcinoma. He was buried 25/5/1946 in Abney Park cemetery, Stoke Newington. An entry in the National Probate Calendar reads: “JOHNSON Albert Edward of 53 Ufton Road Dalston London N1 died 20 May 1946 at The Lister Emergency Hospital Hitchin Hertfordshire Administration London 22 October to Florence Emily Johnson widow. Effects £304 14s 2d.” (The equivalent of around £12535.00 today.) On 6/2/1916, when Albert Edward was age 24, he married Florence Emily CLIFT, daughter of William Charles CLIFT, a cabinet maker, in St Peter’s Church, West Hackney. Florence Emily was born 20/2/1891 in Dalston & died 8/8/1970 age 79. They had the following children, both born in Hackney:
(1) Albert Edward, born 1917. (2) Winifred Florence, born 26/12/1923.
11. James JOHNSON [Parents]. Born 1893 in Shoreditch, James was killed in action 18/11/1916, age 24, during the Battle of the Somme whilst serving in 11th Bn. The Border Regiment. James has no known grave & is commemorated at the Thiepval Memorial, France. Occupation: Window cleaner (at time of marriage). On 27/8/1914 when James was age 21, he married Sarah Elizabeth MOSS, daughter of George MOSS, a Bootmaker, at Holy Trinity Church Hoxton, London. They had the following children:
(1) Ivy Elizabeth, born 1915 in Edmonton & died 18/10/1945 at St Lawrence’s Hospital, Caterham, age 30. (2) Grace Mary, born 1916 in Edmonton.
12. Henry Parris JOHNSON [Parents]. Born 21/10/1896 in Hoxton & died 2/3/1953 at The Homoeopathic Hospital, London. Occupation: In the tobacco trade. On 10/1/1915, when Henry was age 19 (although 21 was recorded on the certificate), he married Kate Elizabeth RICE, daughter of Joseph Thomas RICE, a Carpenter & joiner, at The Parish Church, South Hackney. Kate was born 16/11/1895. It is not known when she died. They had the following children:
(1) Gladys May, born 13/9/1916 in Hackney. (2) Irene, born 1917 in Hackney. (3) Henry, born quarter ending June 1919 in Hackney. (4) Gertrude Marjorie, born 21/10/1920 in Stamford Hill & died 2/2/1926 in Bethnal Green, age 5. (5) Marjery, born 24/1/1922 in Hackney. (6) Ronald James (7) Eric George, born 31/3/1925 in Bethnal Green & died there 17/10/1925, age 6 months. And 3 others who may still be living.