© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
10. Albert Edward Parris JOHNSON [Parents]. Born 1891 in Shoreditch & died 20/5/1946, age 54. Cause of death: Bronchial carcinoma. He was buried 25/5/1946 in Abney Park cemetery, Stoke Newington. On 6/2/1916, when Albert Edward was age 24, he married Florence Emily CLIFT, daughter of William Charles CLIFT, a cabinet maker, in St Peter’s Church, West Hackney. Florence Emily was born 20/2/1891 in Dalston & died 8/8/1970 age 79. They had the following children, both born in Hackney:
(1) Albert Edward, born 1917. (2) Winifred Florence, born 26/12/1923.
11. James JOHNSON [Parents]. Born 1893 in Shoreditch, James was killed in action 18/11/1916, age 24, during the Battle of the Somme whilst serving in 11th Bn. The Border Regiment. James has no known grave & is commemorated at the Thiepval Memorial, France. Occupation: Window cleaner (at time of marriage). On 27/8/1914 when James was age 21, he married Sarah Elizabeth MOSS, daughter of George MOSS, a Bootmaker, at Holy Trinity Church Hoxton, London. They had the following children:
(1) Ivy Elizabeth, born 1915 in Edmonton & died 18/10/1945 at St Lawrence’s Hospital, Caterham, age 30. (2) Grace Mary, born 1916 in Edmonton.
12. Henry Parris JOHNSON [Parents]. Born 21/10/1896 in Hoxton & died 2/3/1953 at The Homoeopathic Hospital, London. Occupation: In the tobacco trade. On 10/1/1915, when Henry was age 19 (although 21 was recorded on the certificate), he married Kate Elizabeth RICE, daughter of Joseph Thomas RICE, a Carpenter & joiner, at The Parish Church, South Hackney. Kate was born 16/11/1895. It is not known when she died. They had the following children:
(1) Gladys May, born 13/9/1916 in Hackney. (2) Irene, born 1917 in Hackney. (3) Henry, born quarter ending June 1919 in Hackney. (4) Gertrude Marjorie, born 21/10/1920 in Stamford Hill & died 2/2/1926 in Bethnal Green, age 5. (5) Marjery, born 24/1/1922 in Hackney. (6) Ronald James (7) Eric George, born 31/3/1925 in Bethnal Green & died there 17/10/1925, age 6 months. And 3 others who may still be living.