© S M Jones 2016. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
1. Luke HOWARD. Baptized 15/7/1794 in Holmfirth Chapel in the parish of Almondbury, Yorkshire. Luke’s father was recorded as James, son of John, of Holm Wood. Luke’s mother, and his father’s occupation, are not mentioned in the register. On 26/12/1814, when Luke was age 20, he married Jane DEARNALLY in the parish of Almondbury, within which the township of Holme lies. They had the following children:
(1) William . (2) Peter . (3) Reuben . (4) Hannah, born 4/5/1825 in Holmfirth & baptized 19/6/1825 at Lane Independent, Holmfirth. (5) Mary, born about 1827. (6) Ann, born about 1831. (7) Betty, born about 1836.
2. William HOWARD. Born about 1817 in Holme. It’s not known when William died but he does not appear in the 1891 census so it’s assumed it was before then. Occupation: Woollen Cloth Weaver. Around 1836, when William was age about 19, he married Martha ARMITAGE. Martha was born about 1817 in Holme. They had the following children, all born in Holme:
(1) Jane, born about 1837. (2) Henry .
(3) Daniel Armitage, born quarter ending June 1841. (4) Isabella, born quarter ending June 1843. (5) Caleb . (6) William .
Thinking of discovering more about your family tree? Visit our linked site FindMyAncestor.net for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.