© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
69. Garth CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending December 1854 in St Thomas, Devon, Garth died 17/2/1926 in Southsea, age 71. Occupation: School master. In the quarter ending December 1877, when Garth was age about 33, he married Emily Elizabeth Serjeant CROSS in Portsea, Hampshire. Born quarter ending March 1859 in Weymouth, Dorset, Emily died 21/11/1922 in Ottery St Mary, age 63.
The 1911 census, taken when Garth & Emily were age 56 & 52 respectively, confirms they had no children.
70. Robert CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born in 1819 in Axminster, Robert died quarter ending June 1861 in Leeds, age about 42. In the quarter ending June 1851, when Robert was age about 32, he married Elizabeth TOMPSON in Exeter. Born 19/4/1821 in Exeter, Elizabeth died 12/3/1893 in Leeds, age 71. They had the following children:
(1) Mary Jane, born quarter ending June 1851 in Exeter. (2) Robert John (3) Anna Bessie, born 9/8/1856 in Exeter. It is not known when she died.
71. Henry John CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born 1860 in Axminster, Henry John died 1917, age 57. Occupation: Farmer. In 1886 when Henry John was 26, he married Lydia Joanna CRIDGE, in Membury. Born 1860 in Taunton, Lydia died 1940, age 80. They had the following children:
(1) Elsie Alberta, born 11/5/1887. (2) Ida Mary, born 5/2/1889. (3) Mabel May, born 28/5/1890. (4) Lillian Beatrice, born 24/10/1891. In 1923, when Lillian was age about 32, she married Edwin Elias WHITE. (5) Flossie Mellitta, born 1893 & died 1894, age 1. (6) Minnie Augusta, born 1895. (7) Andrew George Cridge, born 1897. (8) Cecil Harry Cridge (9) Freda Lydia, born 1902.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? Visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.