© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
56. Henry Chapple [Parents]. Born January 1828 in Axminster, Henry died 1891, age 62. In 1856 when Henry was age about 27, he married his 2nd cousin Ann CHAPPLE, daughter of Henry CHAPPLE & Elizabeth DENSLOW. Ann was baptized 12/7/1829 in Membury & died quarter ending December 1876, age 47. They had one child:
(1) John, born quarter ending March 1860 in Axminster. John does not appear in the 1861 census. It’s assumed he died shortly after his birth.
In quarter ending March 1878, when Henry was age 50, he married Mary Ann BRIGHT (who seems to have been known as Maria). She was born about 1832 in Hawkchurch, Dorset. There is no evidence they had any children.
57. John CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born 1830 in Axminster. Occupation: Gardener. In 1855, when John was 25, he married Elizabeth POWELL. Elizabeth was born in 1828. They had the following children:
(1) Elizabeth, born 1857. (2) John, born 1859. (3) Joshua, born 1863.
58. Richard CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born quarter ending December 1837 in Axminster, Richard died before 1881. In the quarter ending March 1861, when Richard was age about 24, he married Amelia ROSE, daughter of Sarah ROSE & John HELYAR. Baptized 8/12/1839 in Chard, Amelia died 1/1/1925, age 85. She was buried 6/1/1925 in Axminster. They had the following children:
(1) William Henry (2) Thornhill (3) Alfred Richard, born 1866. (4) Jesse Oliver (5) Elizabeth Ella, born 1869 & died 1950, age about 81. On 26/10/1904, when Elizabeth Ella was age 34, she married Sidney John TRIVETT in Axminster, using the forenames Ella Elizabeth. (6) John George (7) Arthur Lanyard, born 1873. (8) Frances Lavinia, born in 1874 & died 1875. (9) Frederick
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? Visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.