© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
46. William CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born 3/12/1809 in Colyton & baptized 24/12/1809. William died quarter ending June 1885, in Bethnal Green, age 75. Occupation: Joiner. On 17/4/1838, when William was 28, he married Catherine WOODWARD. Born 4/8/1816, Catherine died 10/11/1845 in Bridport, Dorset, age 29 & buried there 14/11/1845. They had the following children:
(1) William Henry (2) Louisa Catherine, baptized 11/11/1845 in Bridport & buried there 19/11/1845.
On 25/7/1847 when William was 37, he married Catherine’s sister Sarah WOODWARD, at St Matthew, Bethnal Green. Sarah was born in 1821 in Bridport & died 28/1/1858 in Shoreditch. They had the following children, all born Shoreditch:
(1) Catherine Louisa, born quarter ending June 1848. (2) Sarah, born quarter ending December 1850. (3) Clara, born 3/6/1852. Clara died quarter ending March 1871 in Bethnal Green, age 19.
On 25/12/1861, when William was age 52 (although age 49 appears on the marriage certificate) he married Eliza FATT, daughter of John FATT and Sarah MASON, at St Giles, Cripplegate, London. Eliza was baptized 25/5/1817 in Westbury, Wiltshire. It is not known when she died. They had no children.
47. Henry CHAPPLE [Parents]. Born 22/10/1812 in Colyton & baptized 8/11/1812. Henry died 1880, age 67. On 8/8/1836, when Henry was 23, he married Elizabeth DENNER, in Colyton. Born 1813, Elizabeth died 3/9/1837, age 24. They had one child:
(1) Mark Henry Denner, born August 1837 & died 14/9/1837.
In 1842, when Henry was 29, he married Mary BRIGHT, in Colyton. Mary was born about 1820. It is not known when she died.
They had the following children, all born Colyton:
(1) Maria, born 1842. (2) Mary Ann, born 1846. Mary Ann died 1884, age 38. (3) Anna Maria, born 1848. (4) Harriet Elizabeth Eliza, born about 1849. 5) Henry William Thomas, born about 1852.