© S M Jones 2018. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
18. John BRADBURY [Parents] Baptized 15/5/1814, John died before 1891; he does not appear in that year’s census. Lived at Runninghill Head. Occupation: Woollen Weaver. In the quarter ending March 1841, when John was age about 25, he married Mary WRIGLEY in St Mary, Oldham. Mary was born about 1819. It’s not known when she died. They had the following children:
(1) Sarah, born about 1842. (2) Job, born about 1844. (3) Phoebe, born about 1848. (4) Alfred, born 1851. (5) John, born about 1856.
19. William BRADBURY [Parents] Baptized 11/11/1792 at St Chad, Saddleworth, James died April 1852, also in Saddleworth, age 59. He was buried 25/4/1852 at St Chad. On 20/1/1813, when William was age 20, he married Sarah NOBLE in Saddleworth. Sarah was born about 1792 in Saddleworth and died there February 1817, age around 24. She was buried 9/2/1817 at St Chad.
They had the following children:
(1) James, born about 1813. He was a gunner in the Royal Horse Artillery, posted to India about 1836 where he remained until his death. Find out about his descendants in the Bradbury family in India pages. (2) Sarah Ann, baptized 15/7/1815 at St Chad. It’s not known when she died. (3) John, baptized 9/2/1817 at St Chad, the same day as his mother’s burial. He died September 1818, age given in the burial record as 1 year 7 months. He was buried 16/9/1818 at St Chad’s graveyard.
20. Joseph BRADBURY [Parents] Baptized 24/8/1800, Joseph died 15/5/1838, age 38. In 1823, when Joseph was age about 23, he married Hannah (maiden name unknown). Born about 1807, Hannah died 5/6/1877, age about 70. They had the following children:
(1) Elizabeth, baptized 25/11/1832.
(2) Joseph, born about 1838.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.