© S M Jones 2017. The information on this site is free for most uses. See the legal stuff for more information.
1. John BRADBURY. Sources describe John as “of Lee Green and Fairbanks”. John’s birth & baptism dates are not known, but he died in 1720 and was buried 1/3/1720. John married Mary BUCKLEY, daughter of Henry BUCKLEY and an unknown spouse. Mary died in 1731 and was buried 29/5/1731. They had the following children:
2. James BRADBURY [Parents]. Born about 1689 in Saddleworth. James lived at Fairbanks & died 17/10/1737, age about 49. He was buried 29/10/1737. Occupation: Clothier. On 10/7/1714 James married Mary BENTLEY, in Saddleworth. Mary was buried 3/12/1764 in Saddleworth. They had the following children, all baptized St Chad, Saddleworth:
(1) John, baptized 1715. (2) Ann, baptized 1716. (3) Sarah, baptized 1720. (4) Mary, baptized 1721. (5) Hannah, baptized 1724.
(6) Thomas. (7) Alice, baptized 1729.
(8) James (9) Martha (dates not known).
3. John BRADBURY [Parents]. Baptized 9/5/1696 in Saddleworth. John died October 1773, age about 77. John lived at Fairbanks until his marriage, when he moved to Runninghill. On 26/2/1722 John married Patience MALLALIEU, daughter of John & Mary MALLALIEU, in Saddleworth. Patience was baptized 28/6/1701 in Saddleworth. In 1708, when Patience was age about 8, her father John left her Runninghill Farm in his will dated 8/5/1708. Patience died 1742 & was buried 25/6/1742 in Saddleworth. They had the following children:
(1) James (2) Mary, baptized 3/2/1724, died 21/3/1769. (3) John (4) Henry, baptized 4/7/1731, died 1798 in Saddleworth, age 67. (5) Sarah baptized 3/2/1733. (6) Patience, baptized 9/5/1736. (7) Robert. (8) Alice, baptized 2/11/1740.
Thinking of discovering more about your family’s past? We can help. Visit our sister site Wharfedale Research for a range of family history research services and to find out about a FREE initial assessment.